8 MONTHS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
CALLING ALL WORLDCHANGERS
Do you have what it takes to make a dent on history?
Raise your hand (figuratively) if...
You aren't satisfied with the status quo.
You having a burning desire to make the world better.
You aren't afraid of hustle or an all-nighter to bring a project to fruition.
You're ready to make your mark on the world and become the leader you've always known you are.
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
I'm capable of way more.
I'm not where I want to be.
I have a promising business, but it's not where I want it to be.
I'm tired of working my ass off without the results to show for it.
Hey... I get it.
I was there 10 years ago.
I'd just moved back to Toronto from a small town in the Rockies, with a failing business and not a clue what I was going to do next.
My business had just lost $20,000, I was dead broke and I had to sell my house to pay my bills. To top it all off I was living in my mother's basement. Everything seemed like a struggle.
I'll get back to the basement in a moment...
Now you might not be in quite so drastic a situation, but you're here and you've read this far because you know you've got more in you, that you're destined for more.
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped." - Tony Robbins
Back to my mother's basement....
I won't go into all the details, but I will tell you that those first two years back in Toronto were difficult. Really difficult. I struggled with my mental and emotional health and sank into depression. My business faltered and kept struggling. My life felt... empty.
Then one night, in the winter of 2005/2006, my turning point came.
With a vengeance.
I woke at 3 am with an intense feeling of dread, a feeling so intense and encompassing I felt like the only way out was to take my own life.
I'd had no desire to commit suicide, and I was scared at the prospect, but I also knew I couldn't take that dreadful feeling much longer. And I didn't know if I could make it through to the morning.
I somehow managed to get myself back to sleep, but when I awoke, I knew.
I knew I could no longer continue down that path.
More on how I got from there to here in a little bit.
WHAT GETS ME UP IN THE MORNING
Over the past few years, through a combination of hard work and hustle, good luck, and a whole lot of knowledge-building, I've been blessed with a high degree of success (see below).
What gets me out of bed every morning, and fired up, is the chance to share what I've learned with others, the chance to help others succeed as I have. There's nothing - other than my kids and my family - that gives me more pleasure than seeing someone I've helped achieve success in their business and in life.
And now, back for a 2nd year, I'm re-launching Social Entrepreneur Bootcamp - this time with 2 streams for worldchangers in different phases of their journey.
The Growth stream is designed for entrepreneurs who are already established and earning revenue, and looking for growth, scale, and less struggle (if you are still in the idea and exploration phase, check out the Launch stream.)
The bootcamp is a biweekly, 12-session workshop series (with a break for summer), covering every aspect of growing and scaling a successful business, from one of Toronto's leading entrepreneurs and coaches.
In the past few years I've:
- Grown my adventure travel company Sacred Rides, ranked "#1 Mountain Bike Tour Company on Earth" by both National Geographic Adventure & Outside Magazine, to well over 7 figures in revenue and an average growth rate of 45% over the past 5 years.
- Taught courses, advised and mentored social entrepreneurs as the Dean of Social Entrepreneurship at the Centre for Social Innovation (2013-2015)
- Taught dozens of my own workshops, spoken at countless events about social entrepreneurship, and consulted with hundreds of entrepreneurs (2009-present)
- Co-founded the international charity Bikes Without Borders (2008-present)
- Led entrepreneurship panels, workshops and one-on-one mentoring sessions with hundreds of entrepreneurs as Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Toronto Public Library (2015)
- Published dozens of articles on Huffington Post, Business 2 Community, my personal blog, and other outlets
- Launched one of the world's leading online training courses for social entrepreneurs, The Social Entrepreneur, with over 100 monthly subscribers in less than 2 months
Now I'm sharing my knowledge and a curriculum I've spent hundreds of hours developing and refining with a select group of 10 Toronto-based entrepreneurs.
This is not a part-time, take-it-at-your-own pace, whenever-you-feel-like-it training.
This is an intense bootcamp-style course with a significant amount of work - work that you'll do on your business. Work that will take you and your business to the next level.
THE JOURNEY OUT OF DARKNESS
That morning, after waking from the most difficult night of my life, after teetering on the edge of life and death, I made a promise to myself.
I promised myself I would no longer cower in darkness, afraid of the world.
I promised myself I would no longer live life below my capabilities.
I promised myself I would do whatever it takes to live an extraordinary life.
I did what I had to do to get out of the darkness: I began seeing a therapist (two, actually); I took part in group therapy; I started doing yoga, then signed up for yoga teacher training; I started meditating; I started exercising; I read voraciously and devoured books on business and entrepreneurship.
In short, I remade myself.
And lo and behold, my life began to change. My business, long struggling, began to take off. Revenues grow (rapidly), and so did the money I took home. I met my wife, fell in love and started a family (we now have 3 beautiful young children). We bought a beautiful large home in downtown Toronto.
I tried everything I could to better myself and increase my knowledge, and threw myself into it with abandon. The pursuit of knowledge - knowledge that I could use to better myself and better the companies and projects I took on - became my obsessive quest.
I learned from the best and applied their teachings and theories on myself and on my businesses. I read over 150 entrepreneurship books, attended dozens of events, and shadowed some of the most successful people in the world of entrepreneurship.
And now I'm excited as hell to share all of that with you.
THE TRAINING SCHEDULE
Starting April 20, sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings (6 pm to 9:30 pm), every two weeks for 3 1/2 hours, 12 sessions total, with a break for summer. There will be 5 sessions in the spring (April 20 - June 15) and 7 sessions in the fall (Sep. 21 - Dec. 14).
Bootcamp will cover the following topics:
- PRODUCTIVITY TIPS: Learn how to get way more done with less.
- YOUR BUSINESS ROADMAP: Learn how to write powerful guiding principles, and mission and vision statements, that will magnetically attract the right customers, the right staff, and the right business partners.
- STRATEGY AND EXECUTION: Learn how to identify innovative strategy that will set you apart in the marketplace and drive sustainable growth, then learn how execute like crazy on that strategy.
- THE IMPACT CANVAS: Learn how to use the Impact Canvas to document and clarify the most important aspects of your business model, as well as how to use it to launch new products and services.
- NAIL YOUR UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION: Learn how to develop and write a UVP that cuts through the noise and pulls your customers to you like a magnet.
- TEST YOUR BUSINESS MODEL: Learn how to test the most crucial aspects of your business model quickly and cheaply, and address aspects that aren't working.
- RAISING $$$: Learn how to raise capital for your business, including tips for bank financing, how to raise money from investors, and how to run a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- FINANCIALS: Business financials demystified, including how to read a Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet, how to do cash flows, breakeven analyses and more.
- KPIs (KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS): Learn which numbers you should be tracking and how to set up systems to track them.
- MARKETING: Learn how to market on a shoestring, including content marketing, blogging, paid marketing, and more (this is my forté - we'll go deep on this!)
- ADVANCED MARKETING: Learn how to triple your web traffic, lead generation, and lead conversion rates, and how to automate your marketing so you make $ while you sleep
- COPYWRITING - Learn how to write copy (web pages, emails, landing pages, blog posts and more) that gets people begging to buy from you.
- SALES: Set up powerful sales funnels, learn phone and email sales tips, learn how to use CRMs and email automation to boost your sales up to 300%, and more.
- SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES: Set up bombproof systems and processes that allow you to scale quickly and spend less time working on the business.
WHAT BOOTCAMP INCLUDES
- Twelve 3 1/2-hour training sessions, led by me, with guest speakers. Sessions will be held at the Centre for Social Innovation, Annex location (n.b.: this year I will be opening up 1 spot per class for out-of-towners - i.e. not in Toronto area - who can participate via Skype.)
- Two 1-hour one-on-one consulting sessions with me (a $500 value)
A free lifetime membership to The Social Entrepreneur online course, a $999 value
Membership in my private Facebook success group, where I'll share additional tips and respond to questions, and where you can share your own best practices and advice
A 'success buddy', someone else in the class to whom you're accountable, and with whom you will discuss the work, give feedback, and share tips.
Each session will include homework for you to apply the concepts to your own business or idea.
WHO'S IT FOR?
This course is for anyone who is truly serious and fully dedicated to entrepreneurship, who wants to use their business to change the world while making a profit.
The Growth stream is for you if you:
- Have an existing business that is already generating revenue, that you want to grow and scale
- Are looking to change the world for the better
- Aren't afraid to make money (and lots of it)
- Are highly motivated and self-driven
- Are willing to be challenged, and to challenge others
- Have an open mind and a willingness to learn from others
WHO IT'S NOT FOR
- It's not for part-timers spending 2 hours a week on their business while working a full-time job
- It's not for those wanting to 'dip their toes' in the world of entrepreneurship.
- It's not for the lazy.
- It's not for those who are in business to make a quick buck (trust me, there are easier ways).
- It's not for those who are content to sit back and observe.
- it's not for those who think money is the root of all evil (it's not!)
WHAT PAST PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID
There are two payment options for Social Entrepreneur Bootcamp.
1) One upfront payment of $2995 CAD
2) Six monthly payments of $599 CAD
Both options include free membership to my comprehensive Social Entrepreneur online course (a $999 value), where you'll have access to additional resources and a tool for tracking all of your work, as well as two 1-hour one-on-one consulting sessions with me (a $500 value).
MY CRAZY-ASS GUARANTEE
I stand behind everything I offer. If you are accepted to bootcamp and pay the fee, you can back out at any time (even after the last session) and I'll refund every penny you paid, plus 3% interest.
For less than the price of one university level course, you'll get an entire entrepreneurship MBA - light on theory and heavy on practical, with no fluff!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take full advantage of the course, I strongly suggest you have access to an additional $500 to $1000 in capital, in order to participate in the marketing testing phase and invest in the software and tools that will take your business to the next level.
This will be money extremely well spent, money you'll get a significant return from.
n.b.: this is not mandatory, but is recommended if you want to get the best results from the course - a minimum of at least $500 is strongly recommended.
Are you ready to take this next, brave step toward a life of fulfilment?
Attendance to my bootcamps is curated to ensure a high caliber of participants and maximum value for everyone who attends.
If you are interested in joining Social Entrepreneur Bootcamp 2016, please complete an application by Mar. 31, 2016 (see below).
BACK IN THE LIGHT
Now, 10 years after my long dark night of the soul, I'm proud to say I live a very full and fulfilled life. By all measures - financial, physical, emotional, spiritual, relational - I feel extremely blessed and successful.
I've accomplished many of the things I've set out to do (including a lifelong dream to visit Greenland, which I'll be doing in early April 2016, biking along the spectacular Arctic Circle trail), and now my main goal in life is to give back and help others achieve the same level of success.
I want to help you succeed, and I want to help you change the world for the better.
Let's go on this journey together.
To your success,
READY TO COMMIT TO AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE?
Enter your name and email below to begin the application process and you'll be one small step closer to a life of success and fulfillment. There are only 10 spots available in each stream, so get your application in today!