I'm an adventurer, writer, entrepreneur, father, husband, traveler, food lover and bon vivant. I live in the greatest city on Earth (Toronto, Canada) and love exploring worlds both far and near.
One of my main goals in life (besides striving to be the best husband and dad I can be) is to use business to make positive change in the world. I do this through my adventure travel company Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures, and through my courses, workshops and consulting for social entrepreneurs.
At Sacred Rides, we see adventure travel as a means for helping to open our customer's eyes to new places, new cultures, and new ways of being. Our mountain bike trips support community projects around the world, and through our 100% local policy we strive to keep maximum dollars in local community projects.
I'm blessed to have worked with hundreds of amazing entrepreneurs working on amazing businesses, and continue to learn about social enterprise every day. Subscribe to my blogs (here and here) and join me on the learning journey!
What I'm Up To
- Growing Sacred Rides to $10M in revenue by 2018
- Board chair (and co-founder) of Bikes Without Borders
- Writing about entrepreneurship for The Huffington Post, Business 2 Community, and several other outlets
- Refining and growing an online learning course for social entrepreneurs
- Launching a podcast for entrepreneurs (fall 2016)
- Completing the 2nd-ever fatbike traverse of the Arctic Circle trail in Greenland (spring 2016)
- Launching 2nd annual Social Entrepreneur Bootcamps (April 2016)